Welcome to the blog of Fred and Julaine as we chronicle our adventures traveling on Boreas, our Carver 405.


Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 187 – at Snook Bight Marina - January 9, 2012

Fred and John wanted to go to the hardware store today.  Instead of taking their bikes, they decided to see if they could get there in the dinghy.  They were successful in finding the hardware store and they also found a good looking spot for lunch, so they returned to the boats and picked up Rita and me.  All four of us got in John and Rita’s dinghy and headed for lunch.  I now have a bit of dinghy envy.  Although our hard bottom dinghy is great, we don’t have quite a big enough motor on it to really get up and go if we want to – John and Rita’s dinghy could get up on plane even with all four of us on board.  I will put a motor with a bit more horsepower on my wish list, but I won’t hold my breath (the wish list is loooooooooong).
             Miles: 0           Bridges: 0        Locks: 0
pelicans hanging out in a mangrove tree

another pelican

check out the wing span on this pelican - my bird book says
their wing span can be up to 79" (yes, that's 6 foot, 7 inches!)

these pelicans are patiently waiting while the captain clean his fish...

...and now they are fighting for the morsels he has thrown into the water

No comments:

Post a Comment